Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Jesus Is All I Need!

My Jesus thoroughly amazes me every single day, and today is no exception. Sometimes I become so caught up in His blessings that I forget Him, my Savior. Getting back into daily, hourly fellowship with the Lord is more thrilling than anything He's ever given me. The Lord is more necessary and more fulfilling than the very breath I breathe to live. But I forget that so easily. The gifts of life become more important than the Giver Himself, and that, indeed, is a very sad fact.

God has been speaking to me through the book of Philippians recently, and this particular passage has held my attention:
"That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ, that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel."

Wow. It made me stop and think, "What if Paul were to come visit me? Would he find me rejoicing abundantly in Jesus Christ? Would he find me standing fast in one spirit with my church striving for the faith of the gospel?"

So, that's where my thoughts are. My Jesus is so gracious, may my love for Him increase!

No comments:

Post a Comment