Friday, July 2, 2010

King Jesus, You are Worthy

Jesus is worthy of praise, honor, worship and glory. I am not. I am worthy of death, defeat, hell and the eternal grave, but Jesus has given me everything ... everything that I am completely unworthy of! It amazes me to no end.

Today, I had to chide myself for complaining both inwardly and outwardly. I do not like my job, but really, who does? There I was complaining because of my job, and did I stop to think, "God has blessed you with a job and money, be thankful!"? Nope. I didn't. I wasn't thankful at all, but now I am because I've realized that King Jesus is worthy and I am not and He has blessed me with so many things. Yet I ask for more things, different things ... things I do not need, things that are not what God has planned for me. I feel like Israel, begging for meat because they were sick of manna, then begging for manna when they were sick of meat, then begging for meat because they were sick of manna and God finally gave them so much meat that it came out their noises and made them terribly ill!

Impatience, ignorance, ungratefulness and envy have led me down the road to discontentment and have taken away much of my joy, but I do not fault these gross sins. I fault myself for following the temptations Jesus warned me not to follow. James 1:13-15 says,
"Let no man say, when he is tempted, 'I am tempted of God.' For God can not be tempted with evil, neither tempts He any man. But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed. Then when lust has conceived it brings forth sin. And sin, when it is finished, brings forth death."

These verses always, without fail, put me in awe of our glorious God who is so powerful that He can conquer sin, the epitome of death. He can not be tempted, He can not tempt, but He can find, rescue and revive every single person who is drawn away of his own lust, enticed and killed by sin. I thank my God for His grace and power.
I am still searching for answers for my near future, but I must not give up hope or faith for He will answer, He will guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment